Uniforms are mandatory for all students attending Hazel Park-Hilda Knoff.
The uniform consists of:
1. Light blue polo shirts (long or short sleeve) with the embroidered Hazel Park logo. Shirts must be tucked in pants;
2. All Pre-K students will be in solid purple polo shirts with embroidered logo;
3. Navy blue uniform twill pants;
4. Navy blue uniform twill walking shorts*;
5. Navy blue uniform twill skirts or jumpers*;
6. Navy blue sweatshirts/sweaters**;
7. Tennis shoes must be closed toe and heel - white, navy blue or black (no bright colors) - NO HIGH TOP SHOES (Pre-K requests that students wear Velcro closure tennis shoes); socks must be crew length or higher, solid white or navy blue; and
8. Belts (black, brown or navy blue) required for grades 2, 3, 4 & 5.
All clothing must be properly fitted. Loose fitting shirts or pants worn low on the hips are not acceptable. NO JEANS. NO HEAD OR WRIST BANDS (except Student of the month wrist bands). NO DANGLING EARRINGS or other jewelry - only post earrings may be worn to minimize the risk of injury.
*Skirts, jumpers and walking shorts may NOT be shorter than 2 inches above the knee and must be navy blue twill. Navy or white tights may be worn under skirts.
**Only solid navy blue sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn in the classroom as outerwear over the uniform shirt. Only solid white or solid navy blue t-shirts (long or short sleeve) may be worn under uniform shirts. We recommend you label all outerwear with your child’s name.
Failure to comply with the uniform policy will result in the following consequences:
1st offense - Behavior report
2nd offense - Conference with Administrator
3rd offense - Detention
4th offense - Suspension until Parent Conference